Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Junior Matty Williams Gets Published

Junior Matty Williams was recently published in the online magazine Soundzine with his poem "75 cent Thought."

Soundzine.org is an online journal that specializes in the spoken word. This was a contributing factor to Williams' submission.

"I try to pay attention to the work that is in the publications I submit to and soundzine pretty consistently had good poetry," Williams said. "It also offers a venue for the spoken aspect of the poetry which is very important for me because poetry is meant to be heard."

Williams believes that being at Chester College has greatly contributed to his writing ability.

"There is no doubt in my mind that the quality of my work has gone up and I think that's symptomatic of having a supportive environment at Chester but also learning how to really workshop your own pieces," Williams said. "In the long run you need to look at your own work and say this is bad, this is good, this needs to change and I think that skill I can really attribute to being at Chester."

Williams' poem and audio file can be accessed
here.

No comments: